Sunday

MAC 'On the Hunt' review

MAC recently released a new collection entitled “STYLESEEKER” featuring a few various eye shadow duos. After looking them all over, I decided to purchase ‘On the Hunt’ as it had colors that I did not already have in my collection.



The ‘On the Hunt’ duo is a beautiful combination. The shadow to the left is “Star Myth,” a coppery-red shade with undertones of gold. This shade can be worn alone or with perhaps a darker color above it to create a cut crease effect for something more dramatic. It is highly pigmented and has a very smooth ‘Frost’ texture. I know that Frosts are not well-loved as they can sometimes have a sheen that is undesirable, but this was easy to work with and blended quite well.
The second color is “Raving Mad”, a violet bronze color, that in my mind, looks more red than bronze from certain angles or lighting. It is a ‘Veluxe Pearl’ texture that applies well, although it is not quite as pigmented as “Star Myth.” I think that this color would be beautiful in the crease with a gold such as MAC’s “Amber Lights” or “Woodwinked” on the lids. The lady working at MAC when I bought this duo had it on in this way and it was quite striking and unique.

Although the formula disappoints some, I think the colors are unique enough to rave about and might be worth further exploring on counter. I really thought these shades were a vivid pick for Fall.

Do you own this duo? what do you think about these two colors?
Love, Lucy

1 comment: